5.1.16 ELSA voice/fax modems
ELSA makes a nice series of Data/Fax/Voice products, both for POTS
lines and for ISDN. In general, all of them are supported fairly well by
mgetty+sendfax (fax works, fax polling works(!), voice works), but
here are a couple of notes for different products:
- MicroLink 56k/56k pro – standard analogue voice/fax/data modem.
Pretty good for about everything, but make sure you use the latest firmware
version (1.58), as earlier versions have bugs switching between voice and
- MicroLink Office – in addition to being a nice modem, this thing can
do fax reception and answering machine functionality in "standalone mode",
without a computer. Received voice calls and faxes can be downloaded via
X-Modem to the computer. I’m working on a nice GUI application to ease
using the standalone mode. The ML Office seems to be the only non-ISDN
ELSA modem that can do Caller ID (CLIP).
- MicroLink TL/V.34 – this is an ISDN terminal adaptor that can also
do V.34 modem calls and fax. Works nicely.
- TanGo – this an ISDN only terminal adaptor. Works, but it’s pretty
- MicroLink 28.8/33.6 TQV – this is the old voice/fax/modem series.
Works, but uses a different command to got to hardware flow control mode
AT\Q3 instead of
AT+IFC=2,2) so you’ll see some errors in
the voice log files. Don’t worry about that.
If you have any problems with ELSA modems and mgetty concerning fax/voice
support, report them to me first, and let me report them to ELSA - I’m
actively working together with them to iron out bugs, and it’s easier if
all the reports come from only one contact person (me).